Virtual Reality-based Machine Operation Training Simulation
An established manufacturer of industrial strength pumps approached Emmersive hoping for a unique solution to bridge their training gap. They were looking for a more efficient way to train their new workers in how to safely operate an industrial pump.
● How to help workers break free from the limitations of Instructor-led Training?
● How to boost the confidence of new hires in learning how to safely deal with complex machinery?
● How to save the time of floor managers who have also been forced to play the role of instructor?
● How to reduce the onboarding inertia of new hires?
KEY CONTRIBUTIONS OF EMMERSIVE
● Collaborated with client SMEs to understand the design specifications and inner workings of an industrial pump
● Gathered detailed SOP information from floor managers regarding “How to operate a pump?”
● Designed highly realistic, fully interactive 3D Virtual Model
● Developed a Virtual Reality-driven gamified simulation to teach new workers how a pump is to be operated. Workers can safely interact with the virtual pump and learn the consequences of making mistakes without the risk of damaging any actual machinery
● Developed a 2D animated concept video to explain the inner workings and functioning of the pump
PROJECT END RESULT
● Affordable Return on Investment: Emmersive delivered a modern training simulation using the latest in experimental learning tech without straining the client’s L&D budget
● Saved Time: New hires can now be thoroughly trained in the SOP without much input from their floor managers
● Efficient Training: New hires have reported a boost in self-confidence and a smoother transition from training to work